Tuesday 11 January 2011

Diary

17/12/2010
Today I added to my music magazine research, I added an annotation of a magazine front cover to show examples of some front covers for different genres. I added YouTube videos of different music genres, for an example of the different types to go with my research. I also created a brainstorm of all the music genres I could choose to base my magazine on. I only named the main genres of music as there are too many sub genres, so I named the ones i was most familiar with. I then annotated the brainstorm and will choose the genre I want to do from this brainstorm and music research.

7/01/2011
Today I created a poll for visitors on my page to vote which genre of music they prefer to listen to. I also researched more into the other genres of music and need too add it to my research.

12/01/2011
Today I have researched more into the genre of music i am choosing to base my magazine on which is indie. I have created some outfits based on what stereotype we associate with indie. I need to add more to these and then I will post them onto my blog.

13/01/2011
Today I have written about my genre I have chosen which is indie, and I have found music magazines that are based on indie. I have then found examples of bands an singers and posted them onto my blog. I have also researched into 'indie' as it is the genre I chose, I have uploaded what I have done onto my blog and will need to add a bit more to it as I have only explained the music and stereotypes.

14/01/2011
Today I have written my proposal and planned out how I am going to create my music magazine. I have written it in my blog and posted it, including fonts, colours, images and other. I also thought about my photos and how i was going to take them I just need to write my ideas down and plan my photo shoot.

16/01/2011
Today I have googled some images of indie and looked at some magazine covers, to try and get a better image in my head of what I want to create. I have printed some pictures and I'm going to put together a collage/montage type thing to put together my ideas and figure out how I want my model to pose. I took my photographs later today as well for my front cover and double page spread I am happy with these and will begin my front cover.

18/01/2011
Today I have uploaded my images onto my blog to show what they are all like and what one I have chosen. I also added my poll of music genre votes to my blog to show what the most popular is.

21/01/2011
Today I have edited my pictures a bit more on photo shop, my final image for my front cover magazine. I also started putting together my magazine front cover in photo shop. I have done quite a bit to it and need to update the screen grabs of my stages to illustrate what I have done.

25/01/2011
Today I have uploaded my construction of my magazine front cover using screen grabs whilst I have been constructing these. They show the tools I have used and also the progress I have made. I have now finished my front cover and have upload this onto my blog so I can see my final front cover.

28/01/2011
Today I made a few touches to my front cover and began my contents page, I do not yet have an image for my front cover but i will add that in once I have it. So as I didn't have these images I decided to have a play around on photoshoop to see how I wanted my contents page and started constructing it.

04/02/2011
Today I have finished all my information on my contents page and just need to add my photographs to my contents where i have put the squares. I have changed the lay out of my contents page from what i created last week and I think it has improved.

10/02/2011
Today I finished my contents page, I added pictures and moved and changed a few things to improve it. I am happy with my final contents page and think the changes made it better.

11/02/2011
Today I changed a few extra things to my contents page I then began editing my photographs for my double page spread and placing them together how I wanted them to be on my double page spread. I have a main layout and I will add various other pictures to it. I will plan out my double page spread and build it off of that.

04/03/2011
Today I began my double page spread, created my background and everything in photoshop I then placed it into indesign. I had alread written out my questions so i just made sure they were okay and addedd them in.

11/03/2011
Today I continued with my double page spread editing bits that werent right, this meant opening the background back up into photoshop and editing that and placing it back into indesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment